Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Today's Notes.

I woke up at 4:30 to feed Stephen. I put him back to bed and then couldn't fall asleep. I tried counting backwards from 100 (mother-in-law Dorothy's trick), but then somewhere between 70 and 60, my mind drifted off into my sewing projects...finishing the hem on the tablecloth, buying some new ribbon to put on that old sweater, navy blue or sage green....I love sage green....sage green would look nice in my future kitchen...light blue would be nice in my bedroom...I'M NOT FALLING ASLEEP!

So I got up for good with the intention to take a nice long afternoon nap. I ran on our treadmill. I stretched, ate breakfast, took a walk to the dumpster with Steve, kissed him goodbye, studied the scriptures, wrote in my journal, and showered. I fed Stephen and had some good one on one googoo gaga-ing time with him. Then Mei Li woke up and Stephen went down. I tried the fort thing again. She sat in it for 5 seconds and jumped out. I'm not giving up.

Mei Li helped me clean the house with her paper towel and we had a fantastic time playing peek-a-boo through the kitchen pass-through. She thought it was the funniest thing to see her mom jump out from behind the counter. I love hearing her laugh. Good times.











Naptime came and NEITHER of my children were falling asleep. We're all a bunch of insomniacs today. I just let Mei Li play in her crib while I tried to get some sleep and she eventually fell asleep. I slept for an hour and realized I was going to be late for dinner with friends. Steve was so good to watch the kids while I went out. I'm not one who usually goes out with my girlfriends without kids because I'm reluctant to sacrifice family time, but I had a wonderful time. We shared stories, hopes, plans, and we laughed so hard! I have a lot of really great friends here in Oakton. They are so beautiful and talented and show me what it means to be a disciple of Christ.

I came home in time to put Mei Li to bed with Steve. It turns out that Stephen refused a bottle and fell asleep. I missed most of American Idol, but I'm glad I saw David Archuleta's performance of "Imagine." It was beautiful and moving and it gave me chills. I love it when music does that. Baby Stephen woke up and gave me heart melting smiles. By the way, the kid weighs 15 pounds and is just over 3 months old.


So I'm tired now and should work on getting to bed. It was another good day.

2 comments:

Dyan said...

Sounds like a mom-filled couple of days for you! I love your true to life posts. It's nice to hear about others having the ups and downs throughout a day...or even 1/2 hour! Not that I wish the downs upon you or anyone, it's just nice to know I'm normal!

Ie Li said...

Dyan, I just love you. I'm glad you relate. I wish you a happy mommy day.