Our happy place.
Monday, March 3, 2008
It might as well be spring.
It's not spring yet, but today gave me hope that it is close. We spent a couple hours at the park and took a long walk around the neighborhood. I love my neighborhood. We're probably going to buy a home later this year and will be leaving our neighborhood and ward and that makes me sad. We have been so blessed to live where we live. It's nearly perfect. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Right? Is home ownership worth leaving all of this loveliness behind? Will I find that life is just as lovely in another part of northern Virginia? It's hard to believe that it will be, but I think we'll be happy wherever we go. Wherever life takes us, we will always have happy memories of this place.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
and what an adorable shrug it is. i might have to borrow that for prom.
Funny- Anna did the same thing to her shirt a couple weeks ago during nap?! I'm not sure the origin of your post title, but for some reason I tend to give mine song lyrics... I'll check back to see where it's from though... And we have friends in Va if you need suggestions for good neighborhoods/wards. Moving is always hard, but exciting- good luck!
It is a great blessing to realize that you know how to be happy anywhere. Given how long you lived happily next door to the muse music hooligans, I believe you are indeed people who know how to be happy anywhere. I'm excited for you guys to get to buy a house. That will be exciting!
And Stephen looks very funny in that picture. Scott thought he looked like a Polynesian baby. Love the rolls!
State Fair! (I have actually never seen State Fair but growing up I had a Rodgers & Hammerstein piano book with that song in it.)
Hate to break it to you, but home ownership may not be worth leaving the loveliness of Oakton. Okay, maybe it will, but I can try, right? :)
I really do agree though. I have been happy everywhere that I have lived so far, and I already know I will probably continue to live in several more places throughout my life. The hardest part is adjusting at first, and missing old friends, but those are both manageable.
haha. i just realized the dinglehopper in mei li's hair. and i finally posted something on my blog. check it dont wreck it! =)
Your own home is definitely worth it!!! I can't wait to own a home. And yes, you are someone who will find happiness wherever you are planted. I love that about you. Mei Li is such a character. I love all the pictures of her. And Stephen too, of course! Happy house hunting!
You seem like a glass is half full type of person. I think you make anywhere you go a happier place.
The kids are so cute.
Eliza is right of course. The title is from a song in State Fair. I think it's a great movie with some very fun songs.
Stephen looks like a loungin' Polynesian baby in that picture! Very cute, and Mei Li is so smart to know how to use a dinglehopper!
Post a Comment