Sunday, May 4, 2008

Sharing

At breakfast, Mei Li and I were talking about church.

Me: Mei Li, we're going to church today.
Mei Li: Snack?
Me: Yes, in nursery, you're going to eat snack.
Mei Li: Ella?
Me: Yes, you're going to see Ella. Ella is your friend.
Mei Li: Jesus friend?
Me: Yes, Jesus is your friend. Sydney is your friend too and I want you to be nice to all your friends and share your toys.
Mei Li: Share?

Later on in the morning, I had asked Steve to iron Mei Li's dress while I got Stephen dressed. He was happy to do it, but then I realized I needed to iron Stephen's pants and my shirt too so I told Steve that I could iron Mei Li's dress.

Steve: No, it's okay. I'll do it.
Me: No, it's okay. I can do it. I really don't mind.
Steve: No, I would like to do it.
Me: No, I would like to do it. (At this point, we're playing tug o' war with the iron.)
Mei Li: Mama, share?

So we stopped arguing about who would iron Mei Li's dress and I shared the iron with Steve.

7 comments:

Talai said...

That one made me laugh! Mei Li is so cute! At least you know she was listening to you!

Ie Ling said...

oh gosh that was the cutest story i've ever read. i miss you all!

sarah said...

Did that really happen? That's awesome!

VH said...

hahaha that is so adorable!

Dyan said...

If your hubby ever offers to iron again...please do me a favor and LET HIM!! haha...I really dislike ironing so if Mark even hints at hit, it's his!

Ie Li said...

Yes, it really happened. It was very funny.

Taunya said...

I love it!