Dear Steve,
Why is it again that you had to go to Chicago? Work, or something like that? Is it really that important? Can't you just come home now?
It's not that things are going badly around here. I just miss you.
This morning, I scrubbed the kitchen floor. Tomorrow, it will need to be scrubbed again.
We had Alicia and her boys over for lunch. Mei Li loved playing with Ben and Isaac. I'm amazed by how social she is. She loves everybody. Ben wants to become a dad someday. Alicia asked him who he was going to marry, but before he could answer, Mei Li chimed in and said, "me!"
Stephen melted my heart today. He didn't say much, but he misses you. I'm sure of it.
Mei Li cried when I told her that you weren't coming home this evening. I almost did too.
Mei Li told me I look pretty in sunglasses.
I went to Enrichment tonight, which meant that the kids did not go to bed at 7:30. There was a nursery for Mei Li to go to so I just had to take care of Stephen. I couldn't get Stephen to sleep in his car seat, so I went home after the food, which was beautiful and delicious. I had a good time. It's always nice to be with beautiful, smart, and spiritual women who are doing their best to serve the Lord.
Stephen was falling apart, so I let Mei Li watch a show while I fed him and put him to bed.
Mei Li and I had a sweet time tonight. There was no resistance at all during her bedtime routine. It was nice that Stephen was sleeping so I could just focus on her. She had so much to say. She talked about all her friends in nursery, eating snacks at church, and the beach week carousel ride. I loved listening to all of it. She sat on my lap during Amelia Bedelia, she let me give her a thorough teeth brushing, and she knelt down to pray. She is a sweetheart and she loves you. I love you.
I think the hardest part of the whole day came after the kids were in bed. It's lonely.
At the end of day one, I've discovered a very important truth:
I simply cannot live without you.
Love,
Ie Li
5 comments:
you are a very sweet wife, ie li. love the new background.
You are the cutest. I love reading your blog! I'm feeling lonesome for my out of town working hubby as well. You've inspired me to write him a love note!
Awwww.... I truly think it is absolutely sweet and adorable how much you love your hubby! I hope he comes home soon, especially since tonight is girl's night. Haha!!!
I never know you were such the romantic. That was so cute.
mei li is such a big girl! i miss her! and by the way, i love amelia bedelia books. they are so funny. stephen is looking handsome as always. =)
Post a Comment