I slept in until almost 8 while Steve got himself and the kids ready. He was gone by the time I woke up. Mi Na was still sleeping so I showered. She was awake by the time I was done at almost 9 AM. She doesn't usually sleep that late.
Steve had made a smoothie for breakfast, so I had some of that along with some fresh blueberries and cherries. Mi Na had Cheerios, blueberries, and cherries. Mei Li and Stephen watched a show while we ate.
I got the kids ready for the day and then we headed over to Marci Green's house for a play date. The kids had so much fun. Stephen likes to play with Jackson and Mei Li loves playing with Savannah and all of the dress-ups. It gave Marci and me plenty of time to talk.
Marci is my visiting teacher and she is so wonderful. She is one of the kindest people I know. She is also an amazing runner. She's been trying to convince me to do the Ragnar Relay in September. I think I will do it.
Marci and I talked about our worries and struggles and mothering. You know, I feel safe talking to her. I feel safe from being judged because she's been where I have been and she's a good person through and through.
Marci has four kids: Tehya, Jacob, Jackson, and Savannah. They are so adorable. I am so impressed with how involved and attentive she is with her children's struggles and needs.
Marci made mac and cheese for the kids and turkey burgers for us.
Mi Na fell asleep on my chest a few minutes after lunch.
I hadn't realized how late it was, but we didn't leave her house until almost 2. Marci sent us home with three cinnamon rolls.
When we got home, we ate our cinnamon rolls and then I put Mi Na to bed. She took a good long nap. I let Stephen skip his nap today. Mei Li and Stephen watched Mulan together, but Mei Li got bored in the middle so we did one reading lesson together. We usually do two, but it took so long that she was burnt out by the end of one.
After Mulan, they played for a bit and then watched "Toy Story 2." We've been watching a lot of movies lately, especially during Mi Na's nap. I would like to spend less time in front of screens.
I made chicken curry in a hurry for dinner. It is one of Steve's favorites. He picked up whole wheat naan at the store on his way home. Mi Na loved the curry. Mei Li and Stephen each had a bite.
We put them to bed without much trouble and then I went to Rebekah's to get my hair cut. She's a great friend. I talked way too much and regret some of the things I complained about to her. I felt the need to come home and repent for my ingratitude.
Steve and I spent some time finishing up work on our computers. We also watched "BYU football media day." BYU football left the Mountain West Conference and will be independent in the upcoming season.
Now off to bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment