Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Li Ya turns 1!

Li Ya turned one a couple of weeks ago.  It's hard watching a baby turn into a toddler, but so exciting too.  She has been the loveliest little person to have in our home.  I mean, how can someone so little bring so much warmth and sunshine into our lives? I've never had a baby smile as much as she does.  She will smile at anyone who looks at her, as long as they don't try to hold her.  

When she crawls up the stairs, she looks back at me and smiles like she knows she's doing something wrong, laughing at every step. 

At nap time and bed time, I gather her pacifier and light blue elephant blankie from her bed, drape the blankie over my shoulder, give her the pacifier, and sing to her.  As soon as she hears the first note, she rests her head on my shoulder.  Oh it's just heavenly!  

Just in the last couple of weeks, she's started patting my back when I hold her.  I can't get enough of them!   

She can say "mama" when I prompt her, but I'm not sure she knows what it means.  She raises her hands and says "Ada!" for "all done!" She can nod her head when I ask her a question.  



No comments: