2005: We had been married less than two months. He had flowers delivered to me at work at the BYU Lost and Found. I gave Steve a homemade card. I made a raspberry grilled chicken salad for dinner. We were students.
2006: I was pregnant with Mei Li and we were ward missionaries required to attend a stake meeting so we had to rush our Italian restaurant dinner. I gave Steve a homemade card. He gave me lilies (my favorite). We were still students.
2007: We had just moved to Virginia and the three of us stayed home and ordered Chinese takeout. I gave him a homemade card. He gave me lilies and a card.
Today was just as simple as the rest, but sweet nonetheless. The four of us stayed home and enjoyed heart-shaped pancakes which we used to make sandwiches for dinner. Steve had scouts tonight so we couldn't go out to eat. Steve gave me a one-handed pepper grinder and red tulips. I gave him a card, but this time I made it on the computer. I haven't made a card on the computer since middle school. It was kind of lame, but it made him laugh and smile. We received an additional Valentine's day treat from the Wileys. They sent us a six-pack of Stephen's gourmet hot chocolate. I guess the answer to my question is Amazon.com. Thank you Scott and Sarah. We will be enjoying some tonight.
The more things change (add children, change job, move across country) the more things stay the same (still flowers and cards). I might ask what next Valentine's will bring, but I think I have a pretty good idea (flowers, a card, and a salt grinder?). And you know what? I can't wait.
5 comments:
Scott gets all the credit. I didn't even know about it! Happy Valentine's Day. You guys are cute!
Those red tulips- the vase, the bow... are GoRgEoUs! With flowers like those, I wouldn't want next year to change.
I love a simple Valentines day! I think that's how it should be. That is how it is for me and nick. Usually cards and chocolate or flowers of some sort. Some people treat Valentines day as another Christmas but not for us. It's so sweet and so simple :)
I remember the V-day of 2004 or actually that whole semester you were in China because we could never call over to the brown house because Steve was ALWAYS on the phone. It just ment we had to take a little walk down the street.
I am impressed with Steve's homemade cards. I will pass the idea along to Eric.
Steve is the one who receives the homemade cards. If he gives a card, it is most definitely store bought.
Post a Comment