Everyday, our family consumes a lot of oatmeal, frozen blueberries, almonds, yogurt, and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.
Everyday, we read. Caps for Sale, Amelia Bedelia, and One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish are the favorites right now. The best reading of the day is our scripture study. Without this habit, I am not the mother and wife I want to be.
Everyday, we pray. Morning, mealtimes, nighttime, and individually, we pray. As the mother of my little rascals, there is a prayer in my heart all day long for patience, compassion, and kindness. When I forget, it's not pretty. If I didn't pray, none of you would want to be my friend.
Everyday, I lose my patience. Steve's patience is unending. I'm trying. Losing my patience is always followed by guilt, then an apology, then repentance. Somehow, I still manage to make the same mistake over and over again.
Everyday, I have feelings of inadequacy, followed by sweet reminders, usually from my children or my husband or my sisters, that I am a child of God and that all that matters is what God thinks of me. He loves me, and that feels pretty amazing.
Everyday, I fall in love. Three times over.
Everyday, we read. Caps for Sale, Amelia Bedelia, and One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish are the favorites right now. The best reading of the day is our scripture study. Without this habit, I am not the mother and wife I want to be.
Everyday, we pray. Morning, mealtimes, nighttime, and individually, we pray. As the mother of my little rascals, there is a prayer in my heart all day long for patience, compassion, and kindness. When I forget, it's not pretty. If I didn't pray, none of you would want to be my friend.
Everyday, I lose my patience. Steve's patience is unending. I'm trying. Losing my patience is always followed by guilt, then an apology, then repentance. Somehow, I still manage to make the same mistake over and over again.
Everyday, I have feelings of inadequacy, followed by sweet reminders, usually from my children or my husband or my sisters, that I am a child of God and that all that matters is what God thinks of me. He loves me, and that feels pretty amazing.
Everyday, I fall in love. Three times over.
No comments:
Post a Comment